Data Engineer / Analyst
We’re currently looking for a Data Engineer to be part of our Product Implementation team.
This role is responsible for ensuring that our customers are successful by leveraging their data in the best possible way. From data modeling to migration, cleaning, and reporting, you will be a hands-on engineer and consultant for our clients to ensure they track, maintain and analyze data in a way that leads them to optimize operational processes and make better business decisions.
- Analyze our clients’ data and establish relational and document models for storage in Wicket’s Member Data Platform.
- Design and execute ETL processes for data migration projects.
- Support clients with data cleansing and formatting tasks to ensure data consistency and meet governance requirements.
- Develop data manipulation scripts to maintain and evolve data within the platform.
- Help the customer support team to run ad-hoc queries on large and complex datasets to diagnose issues for clients using the product.
- Create simplified data representation layers from highly normalized data structures.
- Work along with our Customer Success Specialists to discover clients’ requirements for reporting and build tabular and visualization reports using a variety of Business Intelligence and Dashboarding tools.
- Act as a technical lead in data-related projects that are outsourced to contractors and partners.
- Work closely with the CTO to define processes, evaluate new tools, and set the direction in all data engineering initiatives.
You must have experience in at least a few of the following:
- Solid knowledge of relational database concepts
- Hands-on experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) writing queries and migration scripts
- Excellent understanding of JSON Data Format and related specifications
- Advanced skills with Excel spreadsheets to manipulate data
- Working knowledge of one or more BI and/or dashboarding tools
(Power BI, Tableau, Chartio, Klipfolio, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of programming using scripting languages
A plus if you have the following:
- In-depth experience with PostgreSQL
- Previous knowledge of JSON API (jsonapi.org) and/or JSON Schema (json-schema.org) specifications
- Experience with Python / Pandas / Jupyter Notebooks
- Software development experience
- Previous experience with large/complex data migration projects is a big plus
What we offer:
- Full-time employment at a growing SaaS company with a competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits and paid vacation time
- A culture of learning and support to do it
- An opportunity to work with modern technologies, amazing projects, and like-minded people
- Central and inspired office location – Westboro
- Environmentally friendly atmosphere
- Lots of opportunity for employee engagement through our retrospectives, one-on-ones, quarterly performance reviews, and peer-to-peer recognition.
Our Ottawa staff work from our office, but we are accepting applications for remote workers from anywhere in Canada.
When you apply please provide a cover letter clearly explaining how your background is a good fit for this position.