DevOps & Cloud Engineer
At Wicket, we believe Associations deserve world-class software to deliver their valuable mandates to the professions and industries they serve. Wicket is transforming how Associations impact society by empowering them with the world’s first Member Data Platform (MDP). Can you help?
As a DevOps & Cloud Engineer, you’ll be working with an Agile team that is passionate about diversity, learning, experimentation, and collaboration. You’ll be developing infrastructure as code to amplify our growing API, leveraging your expertise to guide technical direction, and fostering a cohesive high performance team.
We work remotely; join us from anywhere in Canada.
You can expect to:
- Collaborate with designers and developers to create an intuitive and high quality product
- Contribute efficient, testable, and maintainable code and cloud infrastructure
- Design technical approaches to solve complex problems
- Foster a culture built on Modern Agile and DevOps
- Establish Operational Visibility and develop insights and proactive action.
- Develop leadership skills, team building skills, and mentoring skills
You will focus on:
- Our Cloud Infrastructure. We’re all-in on AWS.
- Design & Developing modern cloud architectures on AWS (ECS, Docker, Data Streams, Data Pipelines, Data Lakes)
- Automation with our CI/CD pipeline using GitHub and Terraform / Cloud formation / Ansible.
- Workflow Automation with Tray.io and similar tools.
You should apply if:
- You have 5+ years of DevOps & Cloud Experience
- You have experience with monitoring and operating cloud applications.
- You enjoy owning the features you develop. You can understand metrics, optimize performance, and maximize customer value.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Worked on an Agile team
- An understanding of level Incident management and monitoring for critical infrastructure.
- Written technical specifications or User Stories
- Built and deployed applications on the Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience consuming or writing REST APIs
- Have AWS Certifications.
- A diploma, certificate, or training program in software/web development, or, a degree in computer science or engineering
What we offer:
- Full-time employment at a growing SaaS company
- Equal opportunity employer who prioritizes diversity and inclusion
- Awesome culture and growing team
- Awarded Great Place to Work in 2021
- 4.8/5 Employee Happiness Score, and +78 Employee Net Promoter Score
- Our team is growing by 40% in 2021
- An opportunity to work with modern technologies, amazing projects, and like-minded people
- Employee Stock Options
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid vacation time and your Birthday Off
- An annual stipend to spend on books, courses, workshops, etc. to advance professional learning
- Lots of opportunity for employee engagement through our retrospectives, one-on-ones, quarterly performance reviews and peer-to-peer recognition
- We love dogs, trivia, and wine/beers/soda on Friday
Work Remotely from anywhere in Canada
When you apply please provide a cover letter clearly explaining how your background is a good fit for this position.
Wicket is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.