Implementation Specialist (Remote in Canada)
Help us build a better way for associations with the world’s first Member Data Platform.
Associations create communities and advocate for progress. They deserve best-in-class software so they can focus more on making our world stronger. Come build it with us!
We’re a growing startup with a world-class SaaS product. Our roots are in Ottawa, Ontario, but we’re remote, so our team works from all across Canada. We’re creating new roles and adding to our team of developers, data analysts, product owners, sales, marketing, and customer experience specialists. Our customer base continues to grow throughout Canada and the US – we doubled last year and will again this year. We’re always on the lookout for our next new Wicketeer to join and grow with us.
Learn about Wicket’s culture, benefits, hiring process, and other opportunities at wicket.io/careers
The problem Wicket solves
We build and sell the world’s first Member Data Platform (MDP). Not only are we building a new product, but we’ve created a new software category.
Our customers are associations which are membership-based organizations and non-profits. They provide services and benefits to a specific group, profession, or community. Nearly every industry you can think of has an active association, so our reach is vast and diverse. For example, we have a customer who serves as a think tank for better public policies in Canada, and another who acts as a voice for renewable energy and storage solutions to power Canada’s future.
Until Wicket, associations were stuck managing their data through antiquated Association Management Software (AMS). Worse, this software tries to do it all – data, content management, email marketing, event management, e-commerce and so on – but one software can’t be the best at everything.
We knew there had to be a better way, so we reinvented how associations manage and engage with their members. Wicket frees association’s data to integrate with best-in-class software including MailChimp, WordPress, WooCommerce, Fusebill, Tableau, Eventbrite, Moodle, and Shopify. The list goes on and we’re always adding to it.
And that’s where you come in…
As Implementation Specialist, you will be responsible for solving customer problems and meeting business needs through the effective delivery of technology. You will be part of the Customer Experience team and will be committed to the successful onboarding and training of all Wicket customers, acting as the primary point of contact during product implementation.
As our ideal candidate, you’ll help to establish strong project management practices and techniques which will improve the scalability and consistency of our service delivery across the entire team as it grows.
You are someone who is willing to go the extra mile to help ensure our platform is exceeding the business goals of our customer. You are organized, efficient, able to manage priorities and communicate effectively with teams across the organization.
You will focus on…
- Creating a project plan for each client, detailing the tasks that need to be completed for the timely implementation of the software.
- Ensuring that the project team is aware of key deliverables and project milestones.
- Understanding the customer needs to ensure they can be documented and communicated clearly to the Wicket project team.
- Assisting clients with the technical configuration and setup of the software.
- Coordinating Wicket resources, when applicable, to ensure successful on-boarding.
- Assisting directly with data importing, integration configuration / data synchronization, and workflow configuration.
- Work closely with senior level client contacts to ensure training requirements are met and overall usage goals are achieved.
- Maintaining a high level of process quality and consistency as well as excellent client relationships.
- Leveraging and contributing to best practices for client onboarding that ensures usage, adoption and the attainment of business objectives.
- Training end-users to ensure Wicket is incorporated into their daily workflow.
- Working cross functionally to transition and handoff clients to other parts of the Customer Experience team.
- Providing cost and time estimates to clients who require additional customizations to be done.
We’re looking for…
- 5+ years of experience in a SaaS or professional services delivery capacity.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills.
- Experience with project management concepts and processes.
- Excellent customer-facing communication skills both written and verbal.
- Background and/or education in computer science, engineering, computer information science, information technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience working as an Implementation Specialist.
- Sound technical knowledge.
- The ability to multitask effectively.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
We offer employees…
- The opportunity to work remotely from anywhere in Canada
- Stock options
- Competitive health benefits (dental, vision, paramedical, prescriptions, out-of-country care) that extend to programs including mental health, employee family assistance, virtual health care services, and Best Doctors
- An annual professional development stipend and dedicated time for professional development, including quarterly Hack Weeks
- Life Days for anything requiring time away from work outside of vacation time
- Company-wide office closures so our team can collectively take time to recharge
- Highly intentional, progressive practices around feedback, team-building, skills and career development, and peer-to-peer recognition
At Wicket we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. We provide accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If accommodations are required, please indicate in your cover letter.
To apply, please include a note explaining what kind of work you’ve done, what you want to do, and why you think you might be a fit for this role.