Job Title: Integration Specialist
Reports to: CTO
Term: Full-Time Permanent
Primary Location: Remote in Canada
Salary range: $80,000 – $100,000
Help us build a better way for associations with the world’s first Member Data Platform.
Associations create communities and advocate for progress. They deserve best-in-class software so they can focus more on making our world stronger. Come build it with us!
We’re one of Canada’s fastest-growing startups with a world-class SaaS product and in-house professional services team. Our roots are in Ottawa, Ontario, but we’re remote, so our team works from all across Canada. We’re creating new roles and adding to our team of developers, data analysts, product owners, UX researchers, project managers, sales, marketing, and customer experience specialists. Our customer base continues to grow throughout Canada and the US – we doubled last year and will again this year. We’re always on the lookout for our next new Wicketeer to join and grow with us.
Learn about Wicket’s culture, benefits, hiring process, and other opportunities at wicket.io/careers
We’re currently looking for an Integration Specialist to be part of our Product team. The Integration Specialist is primarily responsible for designing, implementing and mediating integration flows and enhancements, including APIs across platforms that integrate with Wicket. Internally, you’ll work closely with our team of software developers, product managers and implementation specialists. You’ll work with infrastructure subject matter experts to assess potential integrations, evaluate new tools and software, deliver recommendations, and deliver scalable integration solutions. You’ll be responsible for partnering with the business and IS stakeholders to define functional and technical specifications, evaluate various integration options, design integration standards, prototype and deploy integration solutions. You’lll be an expert on all technical topics and integrations within the Wicket platform. You will work with Customer Success and our onboarding teams to configure data integrations in and out of Wicket.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Evaluate, deploy, and maintain API-based integration and workflows between Wicket and other technology partners.
- Support partner vendors and IPaas Vendors as they build workflows leveraging the Wicket API.
- Review vendor API documentation and develop integration plans in alignment with customer needs
- Configure Single Sign On connections using OpenID Connect, OAuth, SAML, and CAS.
- Evaluate existing integration tools and solutions (i.e. iPaaS) to provide recommendations for implementing new tools, re-implementing existing solutions, or building enhancements to current environment.
- Participate in business requirement gathering sessions; collaborate with the Service delivery team on translating business requirements into technical requirements; participate in technical designs and test planning.
- Investigate and resolve issues with existing integration workflows and develop documentation for current and future integrations.
- Participate in feasibility analysis and discussions with Software Developers and other Subject Matter Experts.
- Use monitoring tools to assess integration performance, accuracy, and respond to errors
- Assess data access and privacy concerns, and design solutions which protect sensitive data
- Effectively leverage APIs through documentation with code snippets; developer portal updates; interactive training sessions
- Collaborate with the QA team on developing integration tests to validate solution architecture.
- Work with API Specialists and Architects to standardize API implementation approaches
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Knowledge of databases in SQL (PostgreSQL, MS SQL, MySQL) and NoSQL.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of consumption and exposure-oriented API development
- Familiarity with API management platforms and how to implement security policies, traffic management, and other protocols that support the scaling of APIs across the organization
Skills & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate or College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Information Technology, or equivalent education/experience and 2+ years of experience in IT.
- Knowledge of modern APIs (REST, GraphQL) and API Tools
- JSON, JSON Schema
- PostMan, Insomnia, Paw, etc.
- Single Sign On configuration and testing
- SAML, OpenID Connect, OAuth
- Workflow automation tools / IPaaS
- Tray.io, Zapier, etc.
- AWS State Machines
- Basic programming skills for data mapping and transformation
- Ruby/Rails an asset
Bonus if you have an understanding of:
- SQL queries
- Data Streaming, Data Pipelines, Data Lakes
- Serverless and event-driven applications Applications
- AWS (Kinesis, Step Functions, Lambda, S3, Athena)
- Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) and data aggregation approaches
We offer employees…
- The opportunity to work remotely from anywhere in Canada
- Stock options
- Competitive health benefits (dental, vision, paramedical, prescriptions, out-of-country care) that extend to programs including mental health, employee family assistance, virtual health care services, and Best Doctors
- An annual professional development stipend and dedicated time for professional development
- An annual wellness stipend towards gym memberships, fitness equipment, sports fees, etc.
- Life Days for anything requiring time away from work outside of vacation time
- Company-wide office closures so our team can collectively take time to recharge
- Highly intentional, progressive practices around feedback, team-building, skills and career development, and peer-to-peer recognition
At Wicket we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. We provide accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If accommodations are required, please indicate in your cover letter.
More about Wicket and the problem we solve
We build and sell the world’s first Member Data Platform (MDP). Not only are we building a new product, but we’ve created a new software category.
Our customers are associations which are membership-based organizations and nonprofits. They provide services and benefits to a specific group, profession, or community. Nearly every industry you can think of has an active association, so our reach is vast and diverse. For example, we have a customer who serves as a think tank for better public policies in Canada, and another who acts as a voice for renewable energy and storage solutions to power Canada’s future.
Until Wicket, associations were stuck managing their data through antiquated Association Management Software (AMS). Worse, this software tries to do it all – data, content management, email marketing, event management, e-commerce and so on – but one software can’t be the best at everything.
We knew there had to be a better way, so we reinvented how associations manage and engage with their members. Wicket frees association’s data to integrate with best-in-class software including MailChimp, WordPress, WooCommerce and Tableau. The list goes on and we’re always adding to it.
Wicket also has a very strong Professional Services Team, which originated as an independent digital web agency, with 20+ years of experience building and maintaining web solutions. The services team is a very important part of Wicket and is made up of experienced UX researchers, designers, developers and project managers, designing and building powerful websites using WordPress and WooCommerce. The Wicket Services Team collaborates very closely with the product team, tightly integrating the web solutions we build with Wicket’s platform.