Junior Data Analyst
Job Title: Junior Data Analyst
Reports to: Data Team Lead
Term: Full-Time Permanent
Primary Location: Remote in Canada
Salary range: $55,000 – $65,000
Help us build a better way for associations with the world’s first Member Data Platform.
Associations create communities and advocate for progress. They deserve best-in-class software so they can focus more on making our world stronger.
Come build it with us!
We’re a growing startup with a world-class SaaS product. Our roots are in Ottawa, Ontario, but we’re remote, so our team works from all across Canada. We’re creating new roles and adding to our team of developers, data analysts, product owners, sales, marketing, and customer experience specialists. Our customer base continues to grow throughout Canada and the US – we doubled last year and will again this year. We’re always on the lookout for our next new Wicketeer to join and grow with us.
Learn about Wicket’s culture, benefits, hiring process, and other opportunities at wicket.io/careers
As a Junior Data Analyst, you’ll work with a small Agile Engineering team supporting member data management, quality, security and reporting.
As our ideal candidate, you’ll take part in and contribute to a cohesive team in a high-performance environment. We’re passionate about diversity, learning, experimentation and collaboration. We hope you are too.
You will focus on…
- Working with our Product team, educating clients on Wicket’s data architectures, processes, and practices, including data quality, privacy, and security
- Working with clients to establish custom data architectures and data flows
- Consult and build reports and dashboards with tools like Elasticsearch and Tableau
- Our data onboarding process using Python and PostgreSQL
- Support clients with data management and troubleshooting issues.
We’re looking for…
- A strong communicator, who can take on data challenges with enthusiasm. Someone who can engage both technical and non-technical clients
- Client-facing experience in gathering requirements and presenting data
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with SQL and databases
- Understanding of ETL tools and processes
- A self-starter who is hungry to learn new technologies and improve your skills
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Worked on an Agile team
- Previous knowledge of JSON API (jsonapi.org) and/or JSON Schema (json-schema.org) specifications
- Experience with data presentation
- Familiarity with data lakes / unstructured data environments
- A diploma, certificate, or training program in data science/data management or a degree in computer science or mathematics
We offer employees…
- The opportunity to work remotely from anywhere in Canada
- Stock options
- Competitive health benefits (dental, vision, paramedical, prescriptions, out-of-country care) that extend to programs including mental health, employee family assistance, virtual health care services, and Best Doctors
- An annual professional development stipend and dedicated time for professional development
- An annual wellness stipend towards gym memberships, fitness equipment, sports fees, etc.
- Life Days for anything requiring time away from work outside of vacation time
- Company-wide office closures so our team can collectively take time to recharge
- Highly intentional, progressive practices around feedback, team-building, skills and career development, and peer-to-peer recognition
At Wicket we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. We provide accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If accommodations are required, please indicate in your cover letter.
More about Wicket and the problem we solve
We build and sell the world’s first Member Data Platform (MDP). Not only are we building a new product, but we’ve created a new software category.
Our customers are associations which are membership-based organizations and nonprofits. They provide services and benefits to a specific group, profession, or community. Nearly every industry you can think of has an active association, so our reach is vast and diverse. For example, we have a customer who serves as a think tank for better public policies in Canada, and another who acts as a voice for renewable energy and storage solutions to power Canada’s future.
Until Wicket, associations were stuck managing their data through antiquated Association Management Software (AMS). Worse, this software tries to do it all – data, content management, email marketing, event management, e-commerce and so on – but one software can’t be the best at everything.
We knew there had to be a better way, so we reinvented how associations manage and engage with their members. Wicket frees association’s data to integrate with best-in-class software including MailChimp, WordPress, WooCommerce and Tableau. The list goes on and we’re always adding to it.
Wicket also has a very strong Professional Services Team, which originated as an independent digital web agency, with 20+ years of experience building and maintaining web solutions. The services team is a very important part of Wicket and is made up of experienced UX researchers, designers, developers and project managers, designing and building powerful websites using WordPress and WooCommerce. The Wicket Services Team collaborates very closely with the product team, tightly integrating the web solutions we build with Wicket’s platform.