Rails/React Product Developer
Wicket is currently looking for a Rails/React Web Developer to be part of our Product Development team.
- Development of features, improvements and bug fixes across the full stack of development (database, back-end and front-end) and according to specifications delivered by the UX team.
- Analysis of requirements to recommend solutions based on technical expertise and in collaboration with members of the UX team and product management.
- Work closely with the CTO to make strategic recommendations to the technical architecture and undelaying tools and systems that allow the product to operate as a SaaS platform.
- Maintain a healthy hosting infrastructure through DevOps
- Contribute to R&D efforts and SR&ED claims
You must have some experience with:
- Object oriented programming
- MVC Pattern and related frameworks
- Ruby on Rails Framework
- Plenty of practice with the basics: HTML/CSS/jQuery/Bootstrap/Git/
A plus if you have the following:
- React and/or Redux experience is a big plus.
- Experience consuming or writing REST APIs
- Experience with JSONAPI standard
What we offer:
- Full-time employment at a growing SaaS company with a competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits and paid vacation time
- A culture of learning and support to do it
- An opportunity to work with modern technologies, amazing projects, and like-minded people
- Central and inspired office location – Westboro
- Environmentally friendly atmosphere
- Lots of opportunity for employee engagement through our retrospectives, one-on-ones, quarterly performance reviews and peer-to-peer recognition.
When you apply please provide a cover letter clearly explaining how your background is a good fit for this position.
We are only interested in Ottawa-area based applicants.