Wicket is currently looking for a Rails/React Web Developer to be part of our Integration Development team.
- Analysis of requirements for new Wicket implementations to devise strategies for data migration and configuration
- Development of migration scripts, configuration scripts, database seeding and other tasks related to configuration of a new instance
- Review third-party tools’ APIs and implement custom code to fulfill the requirements of Wicket integrations against those tools.
- Build SQL queries that feed into report dashboards rendered using BI tools like Charti.io or Klipfolio
- Contribute to a healthy hosting infrastructure through devops
- When required, participates in conversations with clients to collect feedback about integrations being deployed or to gather requirements for onboarding.
You must have some experience with:
- Object oriented programming
- MVC Pattern and related frameworks
- Ruby on Rails Framework
- Plenty of practice with the basics: HTML/CSS/jQuery/Bootstrap/Git/
A plus if you have the following:
- React and/or Redux experience is a big plus.
- Experience consuming or writing REST APIs
- Experience with JSONAPI standard
What we offer:
- Full-time employment at a growing SaaS company with a competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits and paid vacation time
- A culture of learning and support to do it
- An opportunity to work with modern technologies, amazing projects, and like-minded people
- Central and inspired office location – Westboro
- Environmentally friendly atmosphere
- Lots of opportunity for employee engagement through our retrospectives, one-on-ones, quarterly performance reviews and peer-to-peer recognition.
When you apply please provide a cover letter clearly explaining how your background is a good fit for this position.
We are only interested in Ottawa-area based applicants.