Software Developer – Rails / React
Wicket is currently looking for a Rails/React Software Developer to be part of our Product Development team.
- Lead development of features, improvements and bug fixes across the full stack of development (database, back-end and front-end) and according to specifications delivered by the UX team.
- Analysis of requirements to recommend solutions based on technical expertise and in collaboration with members of the UX team and product management.
- Work closely with the CTO to make strategic recommendations to the technical architecture and undelying tools and systems that allow the product to operate as a SaaS platform.
- Maintain a healthy hosting infrastructure through DevOps.
- Contribute to R&D efforts.
You must have a minimum of 5 years experience with:
- Object oriented programming
- MVC Pattern and related frameworks
- Ruby on Rails Framework
- React and/or Redux
- Plenty of practice with the basics: HTML/CSS/jQuery/Bootstrap/Git/
A plus if you have the following:
- Experience consuming or writing REST APIs
- Experience with JSONAPI standard
What we offer:
- Full-time employment at a growing SaaS company with a competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits and paid vacation time
- A culture of learning and support to do it
- An opportunity to work with modern technologies, amazing projects, and like-minded people
- Flex working environment (work from home, co-working space)
- Lots of opportunity for employee engagement through our retrospectives, one-on-ones, quarterly performance reviews and peer-to-peer recognition
We are accepting applications for remote workers from anywhere in Canada.
When you apply please provide a cover letter clearly explaining how your background is a good fit for this position.
Wicket is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.