At Wicket, we believe Associations deserve world-class software to deliver their valuable mandates to the professions and industries they serve. Wicket is transforming how Associations impact society by empowering them with the world’s first Member Data Platform (MDP). Can you help?
As a Software Developer, you’ll be working on an Agile team that is passionate about diversity, learning, experimentation, and collaboration. You’ll be developing new features in our Rest API, learning the latest software/cloud architectures, and honing your team working skills.
We work remotely; join us from anywhere in Canada.
You can expect to:
- Collaborate with designers and developers to create an intuitive and high quality product
- Write and review efficient, testable, and maintainable code
- Improve your technical skills to understand and solve complex problems
- Experience a dev culture built on Modern Agile and DevOps
- Further develop your technical & programming skills via mentorship, pair programming, and professional development
You will focus on:
- Developing modern cloud architectures on AWS (Serverless, Docker, etc.)
- Managing Data with DB/BI tools like SQL, Elastic Search, and Tableau
- Automation with our CI/CD pipeline using GitHub and Terraform / Cloudformation
You should apply if:
- You are learning an object oriented programming language (Ruby, or Java, Python, C#, etc.)
- You have experience or interest with MVC or a Web Framework (Ruby on Rails, or Django, Node.js, Serverless, ASP.Net, etc.)
- You are a self starter who is hungry to learn new technologies and improve your skills
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Worked on an Agile team
- Built applications on the Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience consuming or writing REST APIs (We follow the jsonapi.org spec)
- Experience with GraphQL, Next.js, Gatsby
- Are familiar with frontend frameworks (React, Angular, Vue)
- A diploma, certificate, or training program in software/web development, or, a degree in computer science or engineering
What we offer:
- Full-time employment at a growing SaaS company
- Equal opportunity employer who prioritizes diversity and inclusion
- Awesome culture and growing team
- Awarded Great Place to Work in 2021
- 4.8/5 Employee Happiness Score, and +78 Employee Net Promoter Score
- Our team is growing by 40% in 2021
- An opportunity to work with modern technologies, amazing projects, and like-minded people
- Employee Stock Options
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid vacation time and your Birthday Off
- An annual stipend to spend on books, courses, workshops, etc. to advance professional learning
- Lots of opportunity for employee engagement through our retrospectives, one-on-ones, quarterly performance reviews and peer-to-peer recognition
- We love dogs, trivia, and wine/beers/soda on Friday
Work Remotely from anywhere in Canada
When you apply please provide a cover letter clearly explaining how your background is a good fit for this position.
Wicket is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.