Technical Customer Success Manager
Wicket is one of the most exciting startups in Canada (#NextBigThing at the 2018 Ottawa Business Awards) and the world’s first Member Data Platform™. We are helping our clients transform how they store and manage their members’ data by providing them with an API-first platform with built-in integration capabilities to the best-in-class software tools in the market.
Wicket is searching for a talented, tech-oriented and experienced Technical Customer Success Manager to help our customers be successful with our platform. The ideal candidate would have a strong interest in both business and technology and must excel in a customer-facing position.
You will be the customer’s go-to person for everything Wicket-related and communicating the customer’s voice internally. You will also have a deep understanding of our product in order to map customer business processes to product capabilities and create an onboarding plan that includes product configuration requirements that our engineers can execute on.
This is a critical role that acts as customer advocate internally while effectively collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams including product management, customer support, engineering, sales and finance
General traits of this role:
- Strong technical savviness to understand Wicket’s member data platform as well as how other vendor’s software is used and how it integrates with Wicket.
- Business acumen in order to discuss with clients their business goals and operational processes.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral (phone calls, interviews, discovery meetings) and written (business and technical documents, emails, etc.).
- Analytical thinking and able to grasp complex concepts/ideas to then break them down and explain in simple terms.
- Proactive, self-motivated and forward-thinking
- Able to juggle multiple client accounts and shifting priorities
- Lead customer onboarding projects and ensure successful and on-time completion.
- Do discovery with new clients by performing business analysis.
- Map client business processes to product capabilities and define the appropriate software configuration options to fulfill requirements
- Assess third-party software systems to understand how they are used and make recommendations to our clients
- Coordinate efforts among onboarding/support engineers and assign them tasks and priorities
- Assist with product demos and training when needed
- Nurture the relationship with the customer through ongoing communication and periodic meetings
- Be the focal point for the customer’s every need and become a trusted advisor with customers
- Track & monitor customer status, identify areas of concern and pursue growth and up-sell opportunities
- Either a college/university degree in Computer Science or similar information technology area, OR, previous experience as an individual contributor doing web or mobile development
- 2 years of experience in any of the following customer-facing roles:
- Customer Success Manager in SaaS company.
- Customer Support Manager in SaaS company.
- Technical Project Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Technical Product Manager
- Business Analyst
Must be based in the Ottawa area.
This is a full-time position that requires you to be in the office working collaboratively with the team.