Last Updated: June 11, 2020
Within this policy, “personal data” is defined as any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identified or identifiable natural person which may allow an individual to be identified. For instance, personal data includes age, name, ID numbers, income, ethnic origin, blood type, opinions, evaluations, comments, social status, disciplinary actions, employee files, credit records, loan records, and medical records.
- Who We Are
- What, How, and Why We Collect and Use Personal Data
- Third-Party Recipients of Personal Data
- Cookies, Similar Technologies, and Do Not Track Signals
- Use and Transfer of Your Information Out of the EEA
- Children’s Privacy
- Retention of Personal Data
- Information Security
- Your Rights
- Data Protection Officer
- How to Contact Us
Wicket collects the following categories of personal data:
(a) Direct identifiers. Example: name, organization name, phone number, email address, geolocation of the device accessing our services and software (if the user has geolocation enabled), IP address, browser type, and information related to the use of our services and software.
(b) Professional, employment or education information. If you are applying to work at Wicket, we will collect your resume, CV, transcripts, list of references, etc.
Wicket collects personal data from:
(a) You when you contact us directly either through our website or otherwise. Our website collects personal data using cookies (please see Cookies, Similar Technologies, and Do Not Track Signals below).
(b) Our Customers. In other words, Wicket Customers to whom you have provided consent to collect and disclose to Wicket.
(c) Wicket affiliates or partners.
(d) Publicly available sources. These could include social media websites including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Wicket does not purchase personal data from third parties.
Wicket collects personal data for different types of purposes including:
(a) When you communicate with Wicket. Example: when you voluntarily sign up for emails, schedule a demonstration, comment on social media or blog posts, register and post in our forums, fill out any type of form or otherwise contact Wicket via email, telephone or online.
(b) To improve our services. Example: subject to applicable laws, we may also record and review your conversations with us, and analyze any feedback provided to us through voluntary surveys concerning our Customer service.
(c) If you choose to sign up for our newsletter or any other communication from us. Example: we will use your contact information for purposes of sending you the information you have requested.
(d) To assist our Customers and their members and contacts with their use and operation of their Wicket sites. We do not contact our Customers’ members or contacts except as related to the operation of our Customers’ Wicket sites (e.g., notifications and reminders, membership renewals, security, support services, and other notifications).
(e) For marketing purposes. Wicket may use your email address and other contact information for the purpose of sending you electronic marketing communications and will obtain your express consent to do so. You will have the opportunity to opt out of receiving any such communications at the time we collect your contact information as well as through the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing emails. You understand that if you choose to opt-out of our electronic marketing communications Wicket may be required to retain your name and contact information on our “do not contact” list.
(f) Other reasons set out in our service agreements. If we have negotiated terms with you specifically under a service agreement, often we may agree to set out additional terms related to your personal data and our services.
Wicket respects your privacy and will never sell or trade your personal data to third parties. Wicket also will not disclose your personal data to third parties (beyond what is necessary to provide our services) without your consent.
We do, however, share your name and email address with our third-party suppliers. These third-party suppliers are contractually bound to use personal data we share with them only to perform the services we have engaged them to provide. We encourage you to review our third-party service providers’ policies related to privacy and data protection at the links provided below. Our current third-party suppliers include:
- MailChimp – https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Pipedrive – https://www.pipedrive.com/en/privacy
- G Suite and Google Analytics – https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-CA
This data sharing allows us to provide services to our Customers and manage Wicket services and software. For residents of the European Economic Area, these third-party recipients are based outside the EEA — for further information including on how we safeguard your personal data when this occurs, see “Transfer of Your Information Out of the EEA”.
Other third-party services providers:
(a) Wicket may share your personal data with necessary third parties for the purpose of carrying out a contest, special offer or promotion. In such cases, we will ask for your consent to such disclosure and use of your personal data, prior to your participation in the contest, special offer or promotion.
(c) Governmental entities and third parties. We may disclose personal data about you to governmental entities, such as regulatory agencies, law enforcement and judicial authorities, as well as other third parties under any of the following conditions: (i) if we have your valid consent to do so; (ii) to comply with a valid subpoena, legal order, court order, legal process or other legal obligation; (iii) to enforce any of our terms and conditions or policies; or (iv) as necessary to pursue available legal remedies or defend legal claims.
Website Analytics: To help analyze how you and other visitors navigate this site, compile aggregate statistics about site usage and response rates, help diagnose any problems with Wicket’s servers and administer the site, we, with assistance from third-party analytics service providers, such as Google Analytics, collect certain information when you visit our site. This information includes IP address, geographic location of the device, browser type, browser language, date and time of your request, time(s) of your visit(s), page views and page elements (e.g., links) that you click. We use this information to provide better, more relevant content on our site, to identify and fix any problems with our site, and to improve your overall experience on our site.
- If you do not want information collected through the use of these technologies, there is a procedure in most browsers that allows you to automatically decline many of these technologies, or to be given the choice of declining or accepting them.
Do Not Track Signals: Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, Wicket does not currently respond to browser DNT signals.
This website is operated in Canada and the third parties with whom we might share your personal data as explained above are also located in Canada, the United States or other countries located outside of the EEA. If you are located in the EEA or elsewhere outside of Canada, please be aware that any information you provide will be transferred to Canada and the United States. By using this website, participating in any Wicket services or using Wicket software, or otherwise providing your personal data to Wicket, you consent to the transfer of your personal data to Canada and the United States.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we will ensure one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
- We may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- We will ensure there is some other protection in place which has been approved by the European Commission as giving personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
If you would like further information, see “How to Contact Us” below.
Our site is not directed to individuals or children under the age of majority in their jurisdiction (“Minors”), and we request that Minors do not provide personal data to Wicket. Wicket does not intentionally collect the personal data of Minors. If we learn that we have collected personal data a Minor, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize or aggregate your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
See section below under “Your Rights” for additional information pertaining to the right of erasure, as well as other data subject rights.
We implement appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures designed to assist in: (i) maintaining the security and confidentiality of personal data; (ii) safeguarding against anticipated threats to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal data; and (iii) protecting your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure or access.
Whenever personal data is processed, there is a risk that such data could be lost, misused, modified, hacked, breached, and/or otherwise accessed by an unauthorized third party. You acknowledge that no system or online transmission of data is completely secure. In the event that our system is compromised, we will notify you as soon as is feasible if it is reasonable to believe that the breach created a real risk of significant harm to you. In addition to the measures that Wicket has in place to protect your personal data, you should use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data, including taking reasonable steps to protect your password or access information for Wicket software or services. If you believe that any information you provided to us is no longer secure, notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are located in Canada, you have the right to:
- Request copies of your personal data.
- Request that we correct your personal data you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request that Wicket transfers your personal data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- Request that we erase your personal data, subject to retention required by law. For example, income tax retention for 6 years.
- Request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Know when your personal data has been breached and there is a real risk of significant harm.
If you are located in the United States, you have the right to:
- Request information about the personal data we have collected about you.
- Request information about the categories of sources from which we obtained your personal data within the last 12 months.
- Request information about how we disclose or share your personal data.
- Request that we delete your personal data that we have collected from you.
- Request that we do not sell your personal data to third parties (Wicket does not sell personal data to third parties, please see above).
- Equal service and price.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we are a data processor for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation and you the right to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal data;
- Access to your personal data;
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- Require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations;
- Receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- Object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing;
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data; and
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
For further information on rights of individuals in the EEA, please see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, available at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/ .
In some jurisdictions, you may also have the right to claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please send us your request at:
318 Richmond Road, 2nd Floor
Ottawa, ON, Canada
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and satisfy your request. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Wicket Inc. is located at 318 Richmond Road, 2nd Floor, Ottawa, ON, K1Z 6X6, Canada. You can contact us by email at email@example.com. If you are a Customer Client and do not have a direct relationship with Wicket, please contact the Customer to exercise any of your privacy rights or for any questions regarding their privacy practices.
318 Richmond Road, 2nd Floor
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Tel: +1 (613)-234-5975